Saturday 24 March 2012

The good ol' days

I don't know why, but seeing pictures of the past has always really intrested me...I like to see what life was like before I was here, the perculiar clothing slightly hazzy photos of course the hair cuts!

Recently I was shown these photos, from my mums boarding school in Switzerland. They are from about 1973, and I think they are just divine...

Love the polo neck under the shirt, with the head band.

Love this, in the bath reading, with the bath cap and the bubbles- makes me think of the movies.

The Hair.

I love their expressions in this photo.

THE HAIR!

You can just tell this was so long ago...I mean look at the wall paper! I love it!

This was their school...this place could be in a fairy tale.




To me this just seems like the life, why can't boarding school be like this now. Life just seemed so relaxed.

Hope you like.

4 comments:

  1. I wonder if the next generations will look at pictures of us and think "wow, grandma/mum/auntie was awesome!"? hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It did seem very relaxed. Now is a mess. Thanks for posting the inspiration and feel free to drop by me too when you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow so cool! its awesome that your mom kept all of these great photos

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete